Monday 10 December 2012

Maybelline color sensational lipstick in Fatal red review

Hey everyone,

Here I got with my review of another inexpensive red lipstick for you all. The earlier one I reviewed was a Lakme one in number 352 which is also a gorgeous red. Here I am reviewing another one that I won in a gift hamper sent to me by urbantouch for winning their mother’s day contest. It had many reds and other darker colours because it was supposed to be for my mom. But since my mom does not use such a ‘Fatal red’ colour I kept it for myself. J


 Price:- 299/- or 350/- I am not sure since I won it


I think a bright red lip color is a must have in everyone’s vanity. It gives you such a beautiful Marilyn Monroe kind of a look. I wore a red lip color for the first time when I went to Paris. That colour gave me the confidence to carry red lips more often. Although I still don’t wear it too often but definitely like using a red lip color once a while.

If you were wondering which red lipcolor I had used in my last outfit post which you can see here, then it was this red lipcolor top with a coat of Revlon colorburst in True red. This red lipstick is not a very bright orangey red but rather a blood red kind of a colour. It would look good on all skintones since it is not neon or orangey.

The staying power is pretty good. It lasts for around 4 to 5 hours. With a full meal the colour fades from the center of the lips and hence you have to reapply it. It does not bleed which was the problem I faced with my Lakme lip color. It is very smooth to apply and does not feel dry at all. It is truly very lovely on the lips and they don’t feel dry even if you don’t use a lip balm underneath.


The packaging of the lipstick is very nice too and it closes very. It seems sturdy and not flimsy.
Overall, it is a very nice red lip color and I believe everyone must have a red lipstick in their vanity. Now I have reviewed two red lipsticks on my blog. I would be reviewing another one soon then you can decide for yourself which red you like the most.

See the lakme red lip color here. And see how this one looks on me here

PROS:-
1.       Perfect red lipcolor
2.       Inexpensive
3.       Smooth
4.       Pigmented
5.       Good staying power

CONS:-
1.       Maybelline tests on animals

My rating:- 5/5

9 comments:

coralcrue said...

it's my must-want red in lipsticks. lovely review, Goga :)

Unknown said...

WOW sexy shade :D Does it look similar to MAC Ruby Woo?

Niesha said...

lovely shade..:) I loved reds.

preethi said...

i love the pigmentation..

Goga said...

@Coral crue- thank you :) Its the perfect red

Goga said...

@Poorva and Niesha- It is a lovely color indeed :) me too loves red

Goga said...

@Shalini- I believe Ruby woo is more matte, the main difference can be the texture only. :)

Goga said...

@Preethi- yes it has amazing pigmentation :)

Let's talk about everything said...

love the shade.....want it too....!!

New at blogging...do check out my blog....:)
http://letstalkabouteverything1.blogspot.in/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Use this code for May 2013!