Saturday 15 June 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder review!

Hiya girls,

Here is my review on a very inexpensive powder which performs as well as the expensive ones. I have collected so many powders these days that I do not understand how I will finish all of them. So the next few days you are going to see different reviews of the different powders I own. I thought let me start with this powder which I have seen so many people use and like.

Price: 195/- Unbelievable right?

Lets start with the color. I have the color 5 Silky Beige, it has strong pink undertones but I got this because I wanted something that is exactly same as Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish natural in Medium plus. This is the color that was the same as the Skinfinish in Medium Plus hence I bought it. I think the color would suit anyone below NC 40. With powders you can have a little bit of color choice since they do not leave your face looking oddly white even if the color is a bit light.

The texture of the powder is so smooth. It blends pretty easily and there is minimal fall out from it. I use it with my ELF flat top brush all over my face. A little amount is good to go for the whole face. It is pretty pigmented and evens out the skintone so well. I can just go ahead use some concealer and this powder on top :)

The powder claims to make your face matte. I think it does live up to its claims. Unlike Maybelline's dream Matte powder which does nothing to my face, this one keeps mine matte for a few hours longer as compared to other powders that I own. It keeps your face matte for about 3 hours after which shines does come back.

The packaging of this one is a bit of a pain in the a**.  The lid is sooo loose. It keeps coming off. I saw many different pieces in store thinking only mine was like this  but all had same loose caps. Its so not travel friendly I must say.

The powder does not look patchy and blends well onto the skin. It is easy to use plus is a great find for people just starting out with makeup. My only problem with Rimmel is that it is animal tested. I am not going to buy any animal tested products for as long as I can hold back. If you are like me and love animals then I would not recommend this brand to you.

Overall, quality wise I think the powder is pretty good and performs extremely well for its price. I would highly recommend it had it not been animal tested.

PROS:-
1. Inexpensive
2. Good mattifying power
3. Easily available off late
4. Lasts long
5. Evens out skintone

CONS:-
1. Bad packaging
2. Animal tested

My rating:-4/5

4 comments:

Poorva said...

its my fav too :) n even ive been hoarding compacts since some time :P n now not able to use them all :P

Sunshine Beauty said...

I have alwz wanted to try this one out...thnx for the review

makeupmirrornme said...

ooh have been hearing all good about this one, i have to try this now

Goga said...

:) :) I have collected so many powders. Finally I have now stopped, I keep coming back to my MAC MSF natural

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Use this code for May 2013!